Home Safety Check Up
We want your family to be safe, so now is the time to complete this quick home safety checkup.
- Replace all batteries in your smoke alarms.
- Clean dust out of the alarms.
- Check your home for radon.
- Keep all guns in approved locked storage cabinets.
- Replace your furnace filters.
- Check the lint filter in your dryer and clean it regularly.
- When you do replace your alarms, choose a mix of photoelectric alarms, which will catch a slow-burning fire, and ionization alarms, which will activate more quickly in a faster-burning blaze.
- If it has been more than a year, have your chimney cleaned.
- Make sure you have a number of fire extinguishers around the home, and check the gauge for usage.
- Consider placing smoke alarms in the attic, garage or other confined spaces.
Home Insurance Check Up
- Have you purchased any new personal property?
- Is there a teen driver in your house?
- Has your marital status changed?
- Do you have a child in college?
- Do you have a different or new vehicle?